Feb 2022 - New Features
28 February 2022
The GHS development team has been working on improving the user experience of the mobile app and updating several pages in the web portal.
This month this includes;
- A new flow for canceling alerts and resuming to active
- A new ‘Contact Supervisors’ feature when on an alerted screen.
- A new option to activate a Panic Alert if you are in an Overdue or No -Movement status
- A new Timer Expired status while awaiting confirmation of an Overdue alert being sent
- New screens for all alerting statuses.
- Update of the Users page on the web portal.
These new features are set to benefit existing and future GHS users.
Android and iOS updates are scheduled for an initial release on Monday, February 28th 2022 with a progressive roll out to 100% by the end of the week. The Users Page is now live as of the 23rd of February 2022.
If you have any questions or concerns about the recent changes, please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Opinion: Lone worker monitoring - self-monitoring vs professional monitoring
Why does GetHomeSafe have no compulsory monitoring for it’s lone worker app? How does self-monitoring your lone workers work? What are the risks (and rewards)? Is it for you?
GetHomeSafe at the Safety & Health Expo UK
The Safety & Health Expo in the UK is where tens of thousands of health and safety professionals come together to innovate, collaborate and fulfill their goals. GetHomeSafe had the opportunity to attend, check it out below!